Short Course (MASW/ParkSEIS)
Park Seismic LLC provides short courses on the MASW method. A short course can be organized as
part of a major conference (for example, SAGEEP, ASCE, SEG, etc.) or on a case by case as
requested by companies, universities, research institutes, and government organizations. The course
focuses on the following core components: (1) education of background theories, (2) hands-on
practice of data processing, and (3) demonstration of field operations. As part of the data-processing
practice, participants are usually provided with a limited-time license copy of the processing software
(ParkSEIS). The course can be as "short" as half day (4-hour) or as long as more than a week.
Sometimes longer courses can be arranged if on-site consultation of client's project(s) is required or
deemed beneficial. Contact us for inquiries regarding the arrangement of a short course specific to
The following is a selected list of short courses Park Seismic LLS has provided (is schedule to
provide) to date:
- Sinkhole-Site MASW Training Course at University of South Florida (USF), Tampa, FL,
February 15, 2019.
- MASW Training Course at SEG-2018, Anaheim, CA, October 18, 2018.
- MASW/ParkSEIS Short Course during Spring Conference of "The Korean Society of
Engineering Geology (KSEG)", SK 벤티움 대회의실 102동 (경기도 군포시 고산로),
Kunpo, Gyeonggi-do, Korea, April 6, 2016.
- MASW/ParkSEIS Short Course ("Fundamentals and Plus"), ENGEGRAUT, Rio de
Janeiro, Brazil, November 30 - December 6, 2015.
- MASW Short Course, Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and
Environmental Problems (SAGEEP), Boston Marriott Copley Place, Boston,
Massachusetts, March 20, 2014.
- MASW Short Course, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR), Kuwait City,
September 21 - 28, 2012.
- MASW Short Course, Geo-Congress 2012, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE),
Oakland Marriott City Center, Oakland, California, March 25, 2012.
- MASW Short Course, Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), St. Paul,
Minnesota, January 26-27, 2011.
- MASW Short Course, GeoView, St. Petersburg, Florida, May 11-12, 2009.
MASW Training Course - Call for Host
Dear Fellow Researchers and Practitioners, With great enthusiasm and pleasure, I would like to humbly announce that I
will be engaging in a series of MASW training courses, starting domestically as early as this fall (October 2018). In this
regard, I would like to solicit requests from related organizations and individuals about whether you would be interested
in hosting the course on site. Based upon initial feedback, I will come up with a schedule that is optimized
geographically and in terms of various timing demands.
The training course will be a 1-day course, the contents of which are outlined here. More details about how to become
a host are explained here. If you or your organization are interested, please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Choon Park, Ph.D.
Founder / Principal Geophysicist
Park Seismic LLC / MASW.com